Friday, April 18

My New Adventure

I like creating new, simple goals that I can achieve without feeling completely overwhelmed at the larger ones I set and don't ever achieve. (I know you are all shaking your heads right now in agreement with me as you reminisce about past goals that fall into this very category!) So this time I have decided to go a little bigger and set a goal that I can work on each weekend through the spring and the summer. And that new goal is...I am going hiking!! :)

That's right! I have decided to go hiking on a new trail every Saturday and take pictures. I will post those pictures and a little blurb about my adventures each week to share with all of you the beauty that is Colorado. I'm going to start this new adventure tomorrow and continue each Saturday until my last hike which will be November 1, 2008. Tomorrow my little brother Zack is coming with me. He is super excited about it, and so am I. I think he might be a frequent traveler with me on my hikes each Saturday.

Some of you may be asking what has prompted this new goal of mine. You may be thinking to yourself, why would she want to go hiking? There are plenty of other things to do on a Saturday during the summer. Well, to those of you who may be thinking this, here is my answer: I love the mountains, and I think it's pretty ridiculous that I have lived in Colorado for over eight years and have only been to the mountains once or twice. I used to work in the mountains of Southern California and loved being in the crisp mountain air. I was close to nature, and enjoyed the peacefulness of the experience. I miss that and I have been reminded of that much more lately for no specific reason. That's when I decided to do this each week. I really am excited about it!

So bring on the water bottles and granola bars! I am ready to leave my footprints on some mountain soil and capture the moments in photographs to share with each of you. Keep an eye out for the updates!!

No comments: