Tuesday, February 15

No Control

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I was so excited to celebrate that day with my husband. He has been so busy with school and work and church, that it's been hard to have some one-on-one time with him. We went to bed Sunday night talking about how nice it was going to be just spending some time with each other, even though it was just for one evening. I had planned on making some homemade lasagna, with salad and garlic bread and sparkling cider to drink. I was also planning on making some cute treats to have afterward and was really looking forward to snuggling up next to him just talking or watching a movie. Ah, it sounds so nice.

However, Monday morning I woke up with such a bad kink in my neck and felt miserable. I could only move my neck one way and I had to move my entire upper back to even look anywhere else. It was not good. As I was saying good-bye to my husband yesterday morning on his way to work I told him I felt so bad that we probably wouldn't be able to celebrate Valentine's day because of the severe pain in my neck. I needed to go to the store to pick up the items for dinner, I needed to clean up my house, and I needed to prepare everything. But you can't really do that with a kink in your neck, now can you? He just laughed and told me not to worry about it. I was frustrated and sad because I had no control over the situation and it seemed like all my plans were falling through again. It bugs me when I try to plan something and then I get sick or have some totally weird pain come through and I can't do what I planned to do. Then I thought about all the holidays that we had spent together and how we spent more time celebrating them on days other than the actual holiday due to stuff just like this. I realized that this is becoming the norm for us.

Oh, well. At least we are still able to celebrate it on whatever day we feel up to it. I love how easy going my husband is, and how he doesn't ever seem to get upset when crap like this happens. He is wonderful. I, on the other hand,...well, I just have some issues. :)

No comments: