Monday, February 7

A Curse

This weekend has been crazy busy, and I am plum burned out. This almost overwhelming exhaustion doesn't even come from anything fun, really, just plain old fashioned hard work that fatigued me mentally, emotionally, and physically. I'm barely able to keep my eyes open now. I didn't even watch the super bowl, and I'm a Packers fan. Eh, not much I could do. There was this deadline and a lot of work that had to be done, so sacrifices had to be made. I'm glad it's over because now I can rest.

My throat is still acting up and my tonsil is still swollen and I don't really have a voice because it sounds like I have been cheering at a football game or something...which I haven't. We've already gone over that. I honestly don't know what is happening in the back of my throat there. It's been well over a month since I was first told I had strep, and I've already gone through two rounds of antibiotics. The worrier in me is concerned that the remaining thyroid cancer in me has now comfortably settled into my left tonsil and has decided to make itself a nest. I'm also concerned that it might be something more involved than that, say, throat cancer, and I can't seem to get that out of my head. I'm sure it isn't. It probably isn't. Could it be? I don't know when I'll be able to go to the doctor for it since insurance and funds are severely limited right now, so I'm just trying to keep an eye on it, or at least have my husband since I can't really see it on my own. It's a swollen tonsil that is red and scratchy and hurts. It just sits there teasing me with it's enlargement, crowding my uvula, and making me nervous. Curse you tonsil. Curse you.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Curses!!

I have had good luck in the past gargling with Listerene, or other similarly high-alcohol-content mouthwash. It burns, but then my throat goes numb and after repeated applications for a day or two it knock out most throat crud. It's worth a try.