Wednesday, September 1

Unbelievable

Oh, boy! Do I have a treat in store for you.



You see, the other day my husband and I decided to go for a little drive. While we were driving around we started talking about all sorts of things, and eventually the topic ended up on what we were going to have for dinner. It was still early enough in the afternoon that we didn't feel like we had to rush right out and get something, but we were hungry for a little snack. We talked about all sorts of things, and in our drivings we passed a donut shop.



Donuts, or "pastries" as my husband likes to call them, are one of our favorite treats. We don't like just any donut, really. I think subconsciously we have been on a quest to find the perfect donut for quite a while now. Well I am happy to report that we have found it! Or, at least I found what I believe to be the perfect donut. It is an apple spice donut from Lamar's donuts.



Take a closer look at this divine confection, my friends. The apple spice donut is so light and airy, yet so deliciously delectable with a perfect thin glaze encasing the goodness. I honestly don't have enough positive words with which to explain how I feel about this donut. I remember the first time I bit into it, everything fell right into place. The clouds parted. Rainbows formed. Somewhere a man was singing opera. And my heart was full of love. All I wanted out of life was to be Mrs. This Donut.



This little guy is just packed with flavor! The apple is light as if they used applesauce to make it so tender. The spice reminds me of fall and Thanksgiving, football and family. If you could have seen inside my mind when I first bit into this tasty treat, you would have seen a montage of love, friends, happiness, and family. Ah...montages. Love those things.



With this donut, there are few, if any crumbs. My husband was laughing at me as we drove to the donut shop because of how excited I was to try another one of these blessed creations. I'm a little ashamed to admit that the closest Lamar's donut shop is about 20 minutes away through farm fields and a highway. All the way there I was trying to convince myself that they would be out of the apple spice donut so that I didn't break down and cry right there in the shop. No, I had to prepare myself just in case they were out.



But I couldn't help but think that maybe an hour before we went on our drive, miraculously the baker would feel impressed to whip up a batch of these heaven sent cakes just so they would be ready for me when I walked in. I could at least dream.



When we got to the shop I was so happy to see they had plenty more available for purchase, so we got a couple along with some chocolate milk. My mouth was watering and I swear if I wasn't holding my husband's hand I would have done some kind of happy jig right then and there. I could have even hugged the lady behind the counter...and that's saying a lot!



Everyone should try this donut, at least take a bite and tell me what you think about it. If you don't have a Lamar's donut shop in your area then my heart truly goes out to you for you simply do not know what you are missing, and I apologize for teasing you with my constant talk of how good this donut really is.



I would have eaten the napkin too, but my husband wouldn't let me. I didn't want any of the flavors to go to waste. Seriously. Maybe I am being a bit extreme about this donut, but I love it. It's like a first love, or winning a trophy, or acing a job interview, or climbing a mountain.

What's your favorite donut?

1 comment:

Gina said...

I had a jelly donut from Lamar's one time, and when I got done eating it, I just sat there, staring at the napkin, wishing it was still there. I think it was the best donut I've ever eaten. Lamar's rocks!!!