Saturday, January 3

It's no surprise I love music

I love music! It's not uncommon to find me either singing, whistling, or humming something throughout the day. It is fairly easy for me to come up with a song from a simple sentence, word, or even emotion and then share it with everyone around me. Sometimes people like that and sometimes they don't. I like to think of what the soundtrack of my life would be like. I go through the events of the day in my head and try to think about what songs I would put in the background for that particular moment. It's really fun. Some days, the soundtrack of my life would be rather melancholy and other days it would be so upbeat it would be crazy! There would be a slew of artists, both contemporary and classic, and everyone would say that is was the most eclectic soundtrack they have ever heard and they just HAVE to get it. :)

Right now I am in the mood for some upbeat music. Something that makes you tap your feet, bang the dashboard, and sing at the top of your lungs. I am listening to U2 right now - a fantastic band! Anytime one of their songs come on the radio I am immediately moved to crank up the volume, roll the windows down and drive down a long stretch of road until the song is done. I am not in my car at this moment. I am at home. In the study. Typing up this blog as I listen to U2 over the computer. I am the only one home (James is at work) but I have headphones on and I am singing the song "In The Name of Love" at the top of my lungs. I have no idea if I am even on tune, as I have a tendency to sing harmony more often than not. But I don't care! The music is probably turned up way higher than is healthy and I'll probably go deaf (if I'm not already going deaf). But again, I don't care. Sometimes you just need to move to the music and let it move you where it may, and listening to the music softly is not an option right now. I simply have to listen to it loud today!

Now, ask me tomorrow, or even later on today for that matter, and you'll get a whole other story. I may not be in the mood to listen to something loud and upbeat. I may be focused on a project, so something soft without words would suffice. Classical music, instrumental, soundtracks would all work well. Or, I may be doing something that is already hectic and crazy anyway so adding music would just frustrate me. It all depends on how I am feeling and what I am doing. 

The point for this entry is that we should all pay more attention to what we listen to and the times we listen to it at. We shouldn't try to deny our souls the desire to get up and dance, sing, clap...whatever! We should listen to that deep piece of us that is so often and easily lost. And every once in a while we should let it go crazy. I recommend Jimmy Eat World's "In The Middle" or The All American Rejects' "Dirty Little Secret" or "Move Along" for those times. Happy singing, whistling, humming, dancing, clapping, music playing, or whatever it is you do!

2 comments:

azufelt said...

I'm with you... who cares if I go deaf... TJ should be the one cares!!

I love those songs, and I have a few more than I MUST shout at the top of my lungs, with the car windows rolled down.

Oh, my fave is when I'm working in the garage with earphones and belting out the singing (and I cannot carry a tune in a Barbie lunch box) and I smile thinking that my neighbors can hear me, sweet!

Anonymous said...

Girl, i think you need to be humming the "Rosebud" song at the top of your lungs. I'm pretty sure I still have original you recorded in our "recording studio". It still makes me laugh just thinking about how much fun we had. Thanks for the great memories and the good times!