Monday, June 13

I Only Wanted Ice Cream

I haven't been feeling all that well lately, so I've been spending a lot of time resting and recuperating. I had two migraines over the weekend and worked myself a little too hard in the garden on Saturday. Today I just did not want to go anywhere or do anything, but I had some letters I needed to get out in the mail, and really should have sent them last week. So, after a few hours of talking myself into going out I finally decided to get ready. Really, all I wanted was some ice cream. I wanted some yesterday, but wasn't able to get any so I figured I would go mail the letters and then swing by the store and pick myself up a little frozen treat. However, I knew the second I got into the car that I really did not want to go out.

I'm a big fan of multitasking. I just think it makes sense most of the time and so I thought I would pick up a few items at the store. When I got to the store there were about a billion people there and it was hard to find a decent spot to park and since I am still having muscle issues in my legs and back I have to use that stupid cart that has THE loudest beep when you need to back up. Not only that, but everybody stares when you use it. I hate having to use those things, but I try to just do my thing and get out. All I wanted was some ice cream and after I got a basket of petunias, a snack for James when he gets home, some tomatoes for dinner, and another tube of sunscreen I figured I had picked up enough stuff and made my way to the ice cream section. I was supposed to pick up milk, some sour cream, some half and half, and some chips but I had had enough of weaving in and out of people and waiting for people to get out of the way and trying not to think about all the stares. I grabbed some ice cream I loved but hadn't had in a long while and made for the checkout.

Just as I was putting my items on the counter and thinking maybe I could run a couple more errands, that perhaps I should just suck it up and get the rest of the errands done, some old guy comes up to me, takes my flower basket out of my hand and says, "Here, let me help you with that." as he placed it on the counter. It was such a nice gesture, and I thanked him for his kindness, but I had to force myself to think of something else so I wouldn't cry. I paid for my items and started driving the little cart back out to the parking lot. So dumb. I know. All I wanted was some stupid ice cream!! I wish I just wouldn't have gone out today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you went out today !!! I am glad you saw that the Lord touches everyones heart, but not all listen. I am glad you had someone listen to the Lord and help you because he was listening. I am glad you went out today and saw the sun was shining, the wind was blowing and that some people do listen to the promptings of the spirit. I love you and I am glad you went out today and may that man be blessed by the Lord for helping you :)