Saturday, October 2

This One's For Jane

Dear Jane:

Thank you so much for checking in on me. I appreciate that more than you know. Even though we have never met and you are on the other side of the country from me, it still brings a smile to my face when I see your comments and inquiries on my behalf. Thank you for thinking of me. :) Now, let me explain what has been going on.

Oh, what a whirlwind life has been lately! You know, let me stop right there and take a minute to really think about that last word lately. My life has been a whirlwind for the past couple of years, so I don't know why I'm so fixated on saying lately. But I have been especially busy these past few weeks, which explains my lack of posting. Sadly enough it hasn't been busy with things that I would consider even remotely interesting enough to share via blog post, so I haven't posted anything. I'm sorry about that. I know you've been worried, and I will try to be better.

I have high hopes for October and through to the rest of the year. I love this time of year and I am especially excited about Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Be prepared for plenty of posts about all sorts of fun and intriguing stuff (I hope you celebrate - and like - the holidays. Otherwise they might not be that exciting for you! :) )

I thought about you this morning as I was driving down the road. It was early; really early and I'm not going to bore you with the details of why I was up that early in the first place. Anyway, I was thinking about your comments as I glanced out the car window and saw something truly breathtaking. The sun was started to poke out of the horizon and the first few bright rays were splashed across the mountains, casting a pinking-orange glow that could only be described as mesmerizing. I thought about pulling over and taking a few minutes to truly appreciate the magic I was witnessing, but I was on the freeway, so it wasn't possible for me. However, I did keep stealing glances as the sun continued to rise higher in the sky, and then I would quickly look over to the mountains to see what new colors I would find. I made myself a little dizzy, but it was totally worth it.

Have you seen a sunrise in New Jersey? What does it look like? I like sunrises and am sad to admit that I have not seen too many of them in my life. I have seen quite a few sunsets, and living in Colorado they are simply beautiful. Here is a picture my husband took of one. I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you, again, for posting a comment on my blog and providing a gentle reminder that there are more people out there who read my blog than I think there are, and I need to post more stuff. Thanks for being a friend. I hope you look forward to more posts, so definitely keep reading. And if I go a long time between posts again, feel free to send me another reminder...only this time you certainly don't have to be so gentle if you don't want to be. :):) Take care!

Crystal

No comments: