Tuesday, August 10

Never Alone

I know there are a lot of people out there who struggle with a lot of different things. It may seem like you are the only one struggling to keep the storms at bay, exhausting all your strength to keep from being engulfed in the surging seas that threaten to devour you at any moment. Those times are difficult, and you may come to the point where you feel that you simply cannot go on. You may feel like your extreme efforts are of no use. To those of you who may be in this situation I want to remind you that you are not alone. There are so many others who are struggling through difficult times of their own, each with their own unique challenges. I'm reminded of a quote I recently came across:

"[The] special blending of our common origins and characteristics [together with] our unique attributes, experiences, and specialized challenges . . . makes each of us who and what we are." - Cecil O. Samuelson Jr.

We need to reach out to each other in friendship and compassion. My "specialized challenges" at this time are tough, and I have become more withdrawn than I thought. I'm trying to turn a very negative situation into a more positive one. If I can reach beyond myself then maybe, just maybe, my struggles won't be so hard. And if I can help even one person to make their burden lighter, than I feel better and I'm not so worried about my own situation. So who are you and what sort of challenges are you facing? And more importantly, how can I make it better for you?

1 comment:

Lanna said...

You inspire me to be more grateful. After reading your posts, I want to be a better person. I love to read your blog. It touches me that no one elses. You are amazing!