Tuesday, November 14

No more jeans....

So they got rid of jeans here at work. I know it’s not anything I should be really hung up on, but come on! Jeans?? Why dip into the employees one true joy just to spout off something about how it improves customer service if you dress business-like five days a week? I work at an online school for the love of Pete where all of our interactions with the students are done via phone or email. I can hear the phone conversation now:

“Hi! Thanks for calling. How can I help you?”

“Hi! I have a question about my account.”

“Sure thing! What kind of question do you have? I’m here to help you!”

“Thanks! Well, I was looking at my statement and……wait a minute. Are……? Are you wearing JEANS?!!??!!”

“Wha..? No, uh, no. I’m not! Honest!”

“Whatever! I can hear it in your voice! You are wearing jeans! I can’t believe this!!”

“No, you got it all wrong, see, it’s Friday and…”

“Oh, and I suppose that just because it’s Friday you can’t maintain the highest quality of customer service possible by NOT wearing jeans? I’m appalled. If you can’t take this seriously, then neither can I. I’m taking my business somewhere else. And don’t think for a second that I’m not going to report you to the BBB!”

-click!-


I get so confused now too since I don’t know what day of the week it is anymore. Most people use a calendar to figure out what day it is. Me? I use jean Friday to figure it out. But now that jeans are gone I’m all sorts off mixed up. It’s awful really. They got rid of the jeans allowance about a month ago, and I should be over it by now, but alas, ‘tis not the case. I mean, who ever really gets over having their jeans taken away? Obviously not me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree!!! Why can't we have fun at work? I was at a place called W3i the other day just visiting (my brother works there) and they have an entire room devoted to Nintendo Wii! It's got a surround sound system all set up with the screen being projected against a wall. They are holding tournaments just for fun! Some businesses are so focused on making money, they forget that in order to make money, they need to keep their good employees. And that includes making their employees happy.