Thursday, November 9

At the end of each day

Work always has a tendency to make me very tired (who doesn't get tired of work?) and I find myself trying to do things that will take my mind off the research and projects I have outstanding at the office. The one thing that is ever constant in my mind is James. He can make even the toughest days better for me, and I always look forward to seeing him at the end of each day. I really love spending my time with him and its as if we are whole when we are together...we just work better. I'm gushing, I know, but I just want the world to know how much I love that boy.

There are times when I get home and I think I would have life so much better "if only"...If only we had a house instead of an apartment, if only we could make more money, if only I was rich, if only my husband would tell me he was rich :), or if only I had a dog (that's for you, mom! "I want a pet!!!"). But then I start to really look around, and really listen. I've come to recognize the dripping faucet, the constant hum of the fan. I've become acquainted with the creaking walls, the comfy couch, and my warm blankets. I understand that although I may not be making millions of dollars at my full-time job, I am learning a whole lot more than I ever thought I would. I see that I am far more blessed than I truly realize and this makes me happy. I can get so caught up in the things of this world sometimes and it's just nice to remember all the things I have already at the end of each day.

Chilly Beans

No comments: