Monday, July 19

A genuine hub of activity!

So yesterday, as I was taking pictures of the green kung fu dude in the tree, I spotted some wasps fighting...er, at least I thought they were fighting, who knows really. At any rate, I saw them clash in mid air and tumble down into the tree, so I was hoping that they would climb or fly to the top so I could get a picture of them. Sadly, they did not make an appearance in the tree yesterday, but this morning when I looked out the window I saw this:

This one was hard to get because of the angle and the picture (sadly) turned out a bit grainy, but I was zoomed in to 80x, so what can you expect really? He was focusing on one spot, and one spot only, so I followed his gaze.

Yep, two of them. This one had its back to me, but I could still get a fairly decent shot. Two wasps. In the tree. Apparently upset with each other.

Here's a good picture showing how close they were to each other. They were just sitting like that outside my window in the tree, waiting for me to find them.

It's funny how as I am writing these posts and uploading the pictures I feel like bugs are crawling all over me. I don't especially like that feeling, but I know it's just because of the subject at hand. I hope this isn't boring to everyone. If it is, sorry about that. I just think it's interesting to see all these different insects hanging out in this tree. It's a big tree so I thought there would only be birds in it, but I think we have the only tree in the whole complex that doesn't have birds in it. And all the insects seem to have figured that out.

No comments: