Wednesday, May 5

A Tribute to my Mother - Day Three

This one may sound kind of silly, but I love my mom for her potato salad. :) My mom makes some really good potato salad and I love eating it when it is freshly made. For a long, long while I used to eat it just the way she made it, but then I found out that whole cooked eggs give me migraines, so I didn't think I could ever have her potato salad again. However, she surprised me by making a special bowl of potato salad for me without any eggs in it. And it tasted wonderful. :) It was such a nice little thing that made me so happy. My mom's potato salad was like comfort food to me. I remember once on my mission I was having a really hard week, and was missing home a lot. So, I decided to bring a little piece of home to my mission and made a small batch of potato salad. It wasn't exactly like my mom's, but it was enough. I wrote in my journal that day and said "I miss my family today. I am sitting here eating potato salad and thinking about my mom." I love my mom's potato salad. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh potato salad and summer and bar-b-q ribs and smoked pork and having it with every picnic and holiday for the summer. The potato salad you speak of came from your Great Grandmother Olbeter. It was a German dish she served for many years and passed the dish off to my mother who taught me how to make it so I would make it for my family. It is a sweet dish and I am glad you think of me when you make it. I love you :)

Love Mean Mom Zufelt :)