Tuesday, March 23

Days Like Today



I love days like today. Where the sky is cloudy and the threat of rain is on the not too distant horizon. Where the cold breeze sweeps across my face and a small chill runs down my spine warning me of the impending storm. Where it's not cold enough to snow, but in a few hours it might be. Where a spring time storm can turn into a winter blizzard within the same day. I love the dark, thick clouds that envelope the mountain slowly throughout the morning, and the sky starts to turn black. I love the feel of the air and how even the birds know a change is coming. Yes, I love all these things, but mostly I love that I am actually feeling well enough to enjoy a day like today. Where I am out amongst the living, giggling at the comments and panic stricken faces of my fellow shoppers who consistently look toward the sky and the mountain, anxious to finish their tasks before the rain comes. I love that I feel almost human and can enjoy things like this. Yes, today is a great day. I love days like today.



Oh, my friends. The rain has come!



4 comments:

misskate said...

Ha! Funny you post about clouds :) I'm working on a post about clouds too.. but first I need to get my pictures out of my camera. Maybe tonight.
Glad you're feeling well enough to enjoy the rain! I love the smell of rain.

Hannah said...

I woke up to a downpour this morning and wasn't expecting it at all. Did you send it? You put it into words in just the right way.

Chilly Beans said...

misskate: I love posts about clouds. I think springtime brings that out in people. The clouds are so great then and so promosing of a wonderful storm! I can't wait to read it.

Chilly Beans said...

Hannah: Thanks for those thoughtful words. No, I didn't send the rain, but if it makes you happy then I wish I did. :) If not, then I'm glad I didn't!