Monday, February 1

I cried Friday...


...and not because I was sad. I was driving around in my car running a couple of errands, when I decided to take a little drive. I hadn't been out of the house for the week, and the weather was beautiful, the traffic light so I decided to go for a short drive. I thought I would turn on the radio and listen to some music when one of my favorite songs came on. I immediately started to sing along and, without even realizing it, I was singing the high notes that I haven't been able to reach since my surgery. I then started to harmonize with the song and before I knew it I was choked up with emotion at being so very happy that I could actually sing again. I don't think you get how happy I am about this, I mean...I CAN SING AGAIN!! Mind you, I do not have my full singing voice back yet, nor do I have the same range, so asking me to sing "Memory" from CATS is probably not going to happen. However, if you are in the market for someone who can sing "I'm A Little Teapot" then I'm certainly your girl. I remembered that shortly after the surgery I recorded the teapot song so people could hear my voice. When I got home on Friday I pulled up the old recording and proceeded to record a new one right after it, comparing both versions of the teapot song. The first one was recorded on May 6, 2009 about three weeks after my surgery and right before the radiation. The new one was recorded January 29, 2010 almost ten months after surgery. I can't help but smile every time I hear it. And now, for your listening pleasure.

5 comments:

stampinashley said...

AMAZING!! I mean, holy cow, you sounded better than me with the first recording... but that second one blew my socks off! Brooklyne Loves it. (I think you and T are a real musical inspiration to her, she LOVES to sing. Loves it.)

Rachel said...

Your voice is so beautiful, and I am so happy you have it back! Singing brings so much joy into my life, and I know how it touches yours as well. We are all blessed by your gift.

Anonymous said...

Aw Crystal, you made me cry too! Why do you always do that to me? I'm so proud of you! -Lucy

Amy Drotar said...

yahoo!!!

Gina said...

I think that is the most heartfelt rendition of "I'm a Little Teapot" I have ever heard! And you sound beautiful. :)