Thursday, January 21

Little Victories

A friend of mine posted something called "Little Victories" on her blog, and I really liked the idea, so I thought I would do the same thing here showcasing my own little victories. After all, it's the little things that keep us going, right?

As most of you know I no longer work, and staying home to recover has been, truly, a blessing. The bad days are certainly nothing to brag about, but I am grateful to be in the comfort of my own home to rest when I need to, cut myself off from the world, and just come to terms with how this whole thing has affected me. I've learned a lot about myself, and others, during this past year and I realize that focusing on the big things doesn't really get me anywhere. So! Here are my little victories of the past few weeks:

1. Despite feeling like dirt yesterday and having a bad night's sleep I decided to go to the gym anyway and work out on the elliptical machine that I love. I'm glad I did.

2. Even though my dad wasn't able to make it to the gym with me, I still went...by myself! That's a huge feat!

3. Made a new recipe called Salmon Spinach Bundles (super easy!). The result? Success, though James liked it much more than I did. I thought they were good, but I am envisioning many variations of the same thing. Next up: chicken and broccoli bundles or turkey and asparagus...the possibilities are endless.

4. I have slowly been able to organize parts of my home that I always wanted to, but never had a chance to before. I reorganized our entertainment center in the living room and have now begun to tackle the mess that is our study. This, my friends, will definitely take time.

Ok, well, it's still early this morning, so I am having a hard time thinking about anything else, but I will. Listing out my small victories help me feel better and realize that I have accomplished things despite not feeling so well. I think I'll do this again sometime with some more little victories.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

HEY! That was me! I had a good idea...another little victory if you will.
I can really appreciate the cooking and organizing victories. Since I have been out of school and work for the last little while, it is all I can do to get myself motivated to do anything productive. It is difficult feeling like nobody's day would be different if I decided not to get up, except for mine, of course! I think I am going to love keeping track of my "Little Victories."