Friday, March 13

A String of Bad Luck?

I had someone tell me the other day that I was having a string of bad luck. First it was my thyroid cancer, then it was the tendonitis in my leg which has resulted in an honest-to-goodness real fiberglass cast for two weeks, then it was having an entire route 44 cherry limeade (a big drink for those of you who have never had one from Sonic before)spill all down the drivers side of the car, and finally it was my car door lock busting to where I can't lock or unlock the door from the outside on the passenger side of my car. I don't know if it really is bad luck. I don't feel like I am having a tough time or like everything is piling up on me. I just feel like it is what it is. Would it be nice to be able to bend my ankle and walk normally like everyone else? Absolutely! But I can't do that right now so why be all down in the dumps about it? I am getting by. I have had tremendous help and support not only from my husband and family, but also from my amazing coworkers who truly make me feel so good about myself and willingly help me with even the simplest of tasks. I just love those ladies! Anyway, I'll try to take some pictures of the cast so you can all laugh right along with me on the craziness that is my life recently. :) I'll post them when I can.

1 comment:

azufelt said...

hhmmm... I think that "bad luck" or "good luck" is just something to blame it on. Things in life happen, you have to get through them, there's no such thing as jsut bad luck, it's jsut called life. And some people can accept that and fight through it, and others have to be sad about having "bad luck" or the lack of "good luck" I think it's an excuse.

So, good for you for plowing through, that's what we have to do!