Wednesday, February 4

My Recent Troubles

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

I stumbled upon this poem recently and thought it was completely appropriate to my current situation. Sure, things have been a little crazy what with the whole "you've got cancer" thing (see previous post for additional information), but I'm doing well and I still remain positive about everything. I have a surgical consultation scheduled for the 18th with the surgeon, and then right after that I have an appointment with my PCP, so I imagine I am going to be on information overload that day. It's a good thing James will be coming with me. It will certainly help me feel better and it's always good to have a second set of ears for things I will surely miss. We have been making a list of questions that we want to ask them (How long will the surgery be? Will I need to take radioactive iodine to kill off any other cancer lingering around? How long will the recovery period be? What are the chances of this coming back?) and we will hopefully get all the answers we need to satisfy us and put our minds at ease then. I feel much better now about all of this then I did on Saturday or even Monday of this week. I have been in touch with so many people who have (had?) thyroid cancer before, and I have been extremely blessed to have so many friends and family members expressing concern on my behalf. It's been an interesting journey so far...and it's only been one week!! Thanks to everyone for all your support and thoughts, prayers and advise, and your conversations. It has helped more than you know. More updates on my thyroid cancer will be posted after my appointment on the 18th, but I'll post other things on here in the mean time, so don't forget to come back and read all the fabulous happenings of my life! C-ya!

1 comment:

amy hughes said...

Good luck with everything Crystal, you're in our prayers! I'm so glad to hear that you're holding up. A friend of mine here was diagnosed with thyroid cancer 6 months ago and she's doing great now. We sure love you. :)