Monday, June 16

The Proof is in the Pictures

For the past three days (Thursday, Friday, and today) I have been watching the children of one of the ladies in our ward. I have tried to take them outside to do fun things with them so they don't get bored. Each day we have gone and played in the sun. Thursday we went to a couple of parks around their house and stayed out for a couple of hours. Friday we went to a bigger and newer park on the other side of town and played outside for another couple of hours. And today we went outside to a local skate park and played for another couple of hours. It has been fun. However, on Thursday I noticed that my arms were breaking out again, so I have been trying to avoid the sun and keep to the shade as much as possible. Today I stayed in the shade for all but fifteen minutes, and for the last hour of the time we were in the park it was nice and cool and cloudy. I just had James take these pictures of my arms to show you all proof of the torture my body experiences when exposed to the sun for longer than ten or fifteen minutes. I promise you I am not making this thing up. I hope they give you a better idea of what the spring and summer are like for me.

5 comments:

azufelt said...

I don't know EXACTLY what you are going through, but one of my best friends has something that looks exactly like that, when she is in the sun, and get's breakouts of her lupus. I totally feel for you.

Odd as it may sound... you should move southward to a hotter climate... yeah, then, you wouldn't even be tempted to go outside since it's so flippin' hot!

Just some advice!

(oh yeah, who's checking out MY blog, from yours that's in Apple Valley? Weird!)

Chilly Beans said...

I don't know if what I have is Lupus, but I did some research on the internet and found something called Polymorphous Light Eruption and saw pictures from other people that have the same thing. I figured I would try to continue going out into the sun, since this is supposed to help make it better. HOWEVER, that is SO not the case. I just can't go out into the sun anymore.

Hey!! Now I have an excuse for being agoraphobic!!! :):)

Brian said...

Well i am sorry you cant go in the sun but i think this is because you never come visit me...take that!!!!

Brian said...

I feel for you lady. If you come visit me i would follow you around with a HUGE umbrella so the sun would never touch any part of your skin...is that enough to motivate you to come visit?

Chilly Beans said...

That is so sweet! Having you as my personal shade would be nice! And with you being so tall you could seriously block out the sun! Yeah, that is enough to motivate me to come out there and visit you. I'll have to look at my calendar and see when we could do it. :)