Monday, July 13

Helloooooo out there!

Yes, it has been about a month or so since I last posted. At that time I was up to my eyeballs in work and cancer and the gym and school and didn't really have much time to really think about anything. Now...well, I am still up to my eyeballs in work and cancer and the gym and school and frankly it has all been a bit too much for me to tackle at this time. Something had to give and that something was school. I'm just not in the right mind frame for my Masters program right now. I'm finding it incredibly hard to concentrate on the discussions and assignments and I'm getting too stressed out about it. So, for the past week or so James and I have debated back and forth about staying in the program or withdrawing until a later date when life isn't so crazy and I have been cleared of the big "C" officially (which doesn't happen for at least 36 months...only 33 more to go! Woo-hoo!). We weighed all the pros and cons and talked at length about it and decided it was best for me to let this project be put away. I'm extremely grateful that I was able to get my Associate's and my Bachelor's and had every intention of getting my Masters but then was blindsided by...well, you know the whole sad, sordid tale! At any rate, right now it feels a little surreal but it does feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am sure tomorrow when I get home from work I will feel like the dude on Braveheart when he screams:

"FREEDOM!!!"

On another more exciting note, I totally weightlifted 100 pounds today doing the row machine. Actually, it was 102 pounds. How freaking sweet is that? You sit in this machine like you are sitting backwards in a chair and you reach out in front of you and grab the handles for this machine that are up higher than your head. Then you pull it down and towards you at the same time. It's an upward rowing machine, but it works out your triceps and biceps and upper back. It is awesome! And I was bicep pressing 60 pounds. That's just sweet!! I love working out at the gym!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Crystal, I am really going to have to start working out now if I am going to beat you when the Lovedays have their "feats of strength". Great. You get all buff on me and now I'm going to have to run to keep up. Look what you're doing to me!